Weird and wonderful uses for rubber
At Advanced Seals & Gaskets Ltd we like Rubber! Everything that we do revolves around rubber so we thought we would explore some of the weird and wonderful uses for rubber. This often over looked product is in virtually everything you buy but you may not be aware. Shown below is a brief insight into the obscure uses for rubber.
Don’t worry we have kept it clean!
Since vulcanised rubber was first invented back in the 1830’s it has had some weird and wonderful uses. The gallery below shows some of these weird and wonderful uses for rubber.
- Lets be honest! we have ALL needed an extra button hole in the past?. A simple but effective use for a rubber band, just don’t show your friends!!!!
- If you ever find yourself in the position where you have rounded the head off a screw? just reach for a RUBBER band and hey presto you can safely remove that pesky screw.
- If you find yourself doing a little DIY on the weekend why not give this little purler a try? For safe and easy removal of excess paint from your brush. Paint to perfection with this simple but effective tip!
- Everyone has that particular door that is noisy? Just use a rubber band to silence that door once and for all.
- If you have ever lost your page when reading a book you know how frustrating it can be. A simple rubber band to the rescue!
- Being a kid is fun to say the least. We have ALL made one of these in the past? If you do decide to make one just remember to be very careful.
- Don’t be ashamed if you can’t remove the lid from a jar. Reach for a small piece of rubber to help tighten your grip and hey presto you feel like superman!
- For all you beautiful people out there who like to look good. Give yourself a french manicure that looks like the professionals have done it!
- Turn those pages with ease by simply wrapping a rubber band round your thumb or finger (not to tight) and you’ll feel like Spiderman (sticky fingers)
- Remove those pesky pet hairs with a rubber glove. It won’t stop your pets moulting but it will help remove them from your furniture.
- We don’t recommend hanging your best china using this method but if you need to hang a wall plate, try this cheap and effective method, all you need is a rubber band and a few paper clips.
- This ones for the kids amongst us! Make a simple catapult from a few cardboard tubes, rubber bands and a wooden spoon. PLEASE don’t fire anything at your parents :)
As you can see RUBBER has a lot of uses that are a stretch from the normal. We had loads of fun researching this topic and we found lots more obscure uses. Some of them we couldn’t show and we’ll leave them to your imagination. Please feel free to use some of these methods and if you find yourself short of a bit of rubber why not give us a shout (sorry we had to get a sales pitch in somewhere).
Advanced Seals and Gaskets Ltd
Tel: 01384 252555
The information presented is based on the present level of knowledge and experience.
All information and recommendations contained in this publication are to the best of our knowledge. Since the conditions of use are beyond our control, users must satisfy themselves that products are suitable for the intended processes and applications.