Butyl Rubber Strip
Butyl Rubber Strip can be supplied in either uncured or cured versions. The uncured version is similar in look and feel to putty or Plasticine whilst the cured version is similar to other types of solid rubbers but possess it’s very own set of characteristics.
Butyl characteristics include;
- Good impermeability
- Weathering resistance
- Ozone resistance
- Vibration dampening
- Good stability
Butyl Rubber Strip is NOT recommended for applications involving Fuels or Oils
Common uses for Uncured Butyl Rubber Strip
- ROOFING & CLADDING industry where it creates an excellent seal in situations such as side and end lap joints and the bead section is particularly recommended for large corrugated end lap sheet profiles.
- HEATING & VENTILATION market has found this product to be preferable to other methods of sealing flanges on ducting due to its ease of use and solvent free formulation.
- AEROSPACE vacuum forming processes as a disposable sealant & adhesive where it can be subjected to temperatures up to 150 deg.C.
- AUTOMOTIVE uses include sealing around the frames of sun roofs.
- GREENHOUSE manufacturers include this product to seal between the glazing and framework
- CARAVAN manufacturers have many applications such as sealing between mouldings and the outer skin, lap joints on the body work and other areas where fittings are attached piercing the outer skin.
- DAMP PROOFING for bonding & sealing applications such as cavity trays & polythene membranes.
At Advanced Seals & Gaskets Ltd we take quality control very serious. This is why we operate a fully documented Quality Management System which is certified by ISOQAR to ISO 9001.
Help with Butyl Rubber Strip
If you would like to speak to a representative to discuss your specific application or requirements please call our sales office direct on 01384 469100, alternatively you can send an E-mail. Simply click on the link and forward us your details along with your question and we will contact you immediately.
Advanced Seals and Gaskets Ltd
Tel: 01384 252555
The information presented is based on the present level of knowledge and experience.
All information and recommendations contained in this publication are to the best of our knowledge. Since the conditions of use are beyond our control, users must satisfy themselves that products are suitable for the intended processes and applications.