Felt Strip – Advanced Seals & Gaskets Ltd stock and convert various grades of felt which can be readily converted into Felt Strip.
We can provide the Felt Strip in plain or self adhesive backed format and in variants of width, length and thickness.
Felt provides the following;
Key properties of industrial felt strip.
- Industrial felt has a fibrous structure which can absorb and transmit fluids along capillary pathways and filter out solids or suspended liquids in gases (i.e. mists)
2. Industrial felt has a homogenous structure so that, if the surface is removed, it is replaced by a similar face without fraying.
3. Industrial felt shows resilience, ensuring excellent recovery of the material to its original dimensions after compression.
4. High energy absorption, enabling large amounts of vibration or sound energy to be dissipated.
5. Easily shaped by cutting or (in higher densities) machining and dimensionally stable in use, neither swelling nor shrinking.
6. Operational over a wide temperature range. It maintains its properties over a range from -40 Celsius to +100 Celsius.
Other properties of industrial felt include a good response to oxidation, ultra violet exposure (i.e. ageing) and non-polar solvents. Wool felt offers a near constant coefficient of friction in both wet and dry conditions.
Help with Felt Strip
If you would like to speak to a representative to discuss your specific application or requirements please call our sales office direct on 01384 469100, alternatively you can send an E-mail. Simply click on the link and forward us your details along with your question and we will contact you immediately.
Advanced Seals and Gaskets Ltd
Tel: 01384 252555
The information presented is based on the present level of knowledge and experience.
All information and recommendations contained in this publication are to the best of our knowledge. Since the conditions of use are beyond our control, users must satisfy themselves that products are suitable for the intended processes and applications.