Mica Insulation offers almost unparalleled performance in Electrical & Thermal Insulation properties. As a material it has the following characteristics;
- Mica Insulation is flexible, transparent, optically flat, reflective, refractive, colourless in thin sheets, easily splittable into thin films along its cleavage, resilient and incompressible
- Mica Insulation is tolerant and completely inert to the action of water, acids (except hydro-hydrofluoric acid and concentrated sulphuric acid), alkalies, bases, mineral oils, conventional solvents and chemical influence. Virtually unaffected by atmospheric action and weathering
- Mica Insulation has distinctive combination of great dielectric strength, uniform dielectric constant and capacitance stability, low power loss (high Q factor), high electrical resistivity, low temperature coefficient and superior insulating properties. It is noted for its resistance to arc and corona discharge with no permanent injury.
- Mica Insulation is fire proof, infusible, incombustible and non-flammable. It has low heat conductivity, remarkable thermal endurance and can be exposed to high temperatures without any noticeable effect.
- Mica Insulation is relatively soft and can be hand cut, machined or die-punched. It is flexible, elastic and tough having high tensile strength. It can easily sustain mechanical stresses and pressures.
Help with Mica Insulation
If you would like to speak to a representative to discuss your specific application or requirements please call our sales office direct on 01384 469100, alternatively you can send an E-mail. Simply click on the link and forward us your details along with your question and we will contact you immediately.
Advanced Seals and Gaskets Ltd
Tel: 01384 252555
The information presented is based on the present level of knowledge and experience.
All information and recommendations contained in this publication are to the best of our knowledge. Since the conditions of use are beyond our control, users must satisfy themselves that products are suitable for the intended processes and applications.