Advanced Seals & Gaskets Ltd are renowned within the polymer industry for their supply and manufacture of Mylar, Hostaphan, Melinex products. All of our components are produced bespoke to your specific requirements.
The above trade names are generally Polyester and each one has it’s own unique characteristics.
This type of product is known for it’s high tensile strength, durability, chemical resistance and dimensional stability and has extraordinary range of performance capabilities.
This product is mostly transparent, however there are exceptions depending on the grade, for example some are opaque or white and some are even metalized with reflective qualities. The material is manufactured in continuous rolls and a vast range of thicknesses
Some of these films are well suited to electrical insulation of machines and appliances with high die electric strength and large volume resistance.
These are UL recognised for use in a wide variety of Electrical and Electronic applications.
*Shown to the right is a pressed and formed component manufactured from this product.
Apart from electrical applications these materials can be found in manufacturing sectors such as:
- Industrial, technical & consumer products
At Advanced Seals & Gaskets we are able to adhesive coat these materials on either one side or both sides for ease of application.
- Mylar®-Hostaphan®-Melinex® Polyester Film sheeting
- Mylar®-Hostaphan®-Melinex® Polyester Film gaskets
- Mylar®-Hostaphan®-Melinex® Polyester Film cut shapes
- Mylar®-Hostaphan®-Melinex® Polyester Film shims
- Mylar®-Hostaphan®-Melinex® Polyester Film seals
- Mylar®-Hostaphan®-Melinex® Polyester Film pads
- Mylar®-Hostaphan®-Melinex® Polyester Film strip
- Mylar®-Hostaphan®-Melinex® Polyester Film tapes
- Mylar®-Hostaphan®-Melinex® Polyester Film fabrications
- Mylar®-Hostaphan®-Melinex® Polyester Film washers
Another common name is BoPET or biaxially-oriented polyethylene terephthalate.
Help with Polyester Film
If you would like to speak to a representative to discuss your specific application or requirements please call our sales office direct on 01384 469100, alternatively you can send an E-mail. Simply click on the link and forward us your details along with your question and we will contact you immediately.
Advanced Seals and Gaskets Ltd
Tel: 01384 252555
The information presented is based on the present level of knowledge and experience.
All information and recommendations contained in this publication are to the best of our knowledge. Since the conditions of use are beyond our control, users must satisfy themselves that products are suitable for the intended processes and applications.