Advanced Seals & Gaskets Ltd Stocks and can easily convert many different grades of industrial felt and craft grade felts for all sectors of industry, Felt is a long used and valuable product and still provides solutions to industry. We can apply pressure sensitive adhesive to our range of Industrial Felt to aid with positioning and fixing.
Key properties of industrial felt.
1. Industrial felt has a fibrous structure which can absorb and transmit fluids along capillary pathways and filter out solids or suspended liquids in gases (i.e. mists)
2. Industrial felt has a homogenous structure so that, if the surface is removed, it is replaced by a similar face without fraying.
3. Industrial felt shows resilience, ensuring excellent recovery of the material to its original dimensions after compression.
4. Industrial Felt has high energy absorption, enabling large amounts of vibration or sound energy to be dissipated.
5. Industrial Felt is easily shaped by cutting or (in higher densities) machining and dimensionally stable in use, neither swelling nor shrinking.
6. Industrial Felt is operational over a wide temperature range. It maintains its properties over a range from -40 Celsius to +100 Celsius.
Other properties of Industrial Felt include a good response to oxidation, ultra violet exposure (i.e. ageing) and non-polar solvents. Wool felt offers a near constant coefficient of friction in both wet and dry conditions.
Products manufactured from industrial felt when converted include;
- Self-Adhesive backed
- Kiss-cut in roll form
- Crush cut parts
Help with Industrial Felt
If you would like to speak to a representative to discuss your specific application or requirements please call our sales office direct on 01384 469100, alternatively you can send an E-mail. Simply click on the link and forward us your details along with your question and we will contact you immediately.
Advanced Seals and Gaskets Ltd
Tel: 01384 252555
The information presented is based on the present level of knowledge and experience.
All information and recommendations contained in this publication are to the best of our knowledge. Since the conditions of use are beyond our control, users must satisfy themselves that products are suitable for the intended processes and applications.